Re: Creating Catalogs on Excel

Subject: Re: Creating Catalogs on Excel
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- MAIL -dot- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:48:42 -0800

Is there a reason you are required to use Excel? It's really not best for
this. An RDBMS would be better because you have several articles related to
one magazine issue and many issues related to one magazine name. Access
would be better. Actually, there is quite a bit of software out there
designed specifically for this purpose, that builds a database with the
fields you need. Software that is not necessarily expensive.

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer
Systech Corp, San Diego, CA