Re: pronouns

Subject: Re: pronouns
From: Jill Burgchardt <jburgcha -at- PESTILENCE -dot- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:26:46 -0700

Do these featuress/tasks refer to actions taken by the same user?

When writing a system administrator's user guide I refer to the system
administrator as "you." When referring to users on the administered system, I
refer to "the user." The change is important, if it refers to two different
groups.

Of course, if it refers to one group of users, it would drive me nuts, too.

Jill Burgchardt
jburgchardt -at- pestilence -dot- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=