Re: Icon Editors

Subject: Re: Icon Editors
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- OEE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:27:53 -0500

Sarah Jackson asked:
<snip>
>Does anyone know of a free Icon Editor, or other shareware
> that would do the job, that can read .ico files?

I don't think any program *except* an icon editor will read an
.ico file. However, *YOU* may not need to get an icon editor.
---who is creating the icons now? Perhaps that person can save
the icons out for you in a usable format.

For what it's worth, I create the icons for our software, using Axialis
AX-icons (good program). It won't save as bmp, but here's what I do:

In AX-icons: Select All--Copy (to clipboard)
In PhotoPaint: File->Paste as new file; save as bmp (or jpg)

Pretty quick. Works well for me.

Hope that helps

Jessica N. Lange mailto:jlange -at- oee -dot- com
Technical Communicator, Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.

> I am trying to edit the icons from our software to include them in our
> on-line help. Only problem is that they are saved as .ico files
> rather than
> .bmp or .jpg. Does anyone know of a free Icon Editor, or other shareware
> that would do the job, that can read .ico files?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=