Re: Excel not the right tool?

Subject: Re: Excel not the right tool?
From: "Peter J. Harbeson" <harbeson -at- GARLIC -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 09:41:25 -0800

There are databases and then there are databases. It's possible to construct
a very useful database system in Excel as long as its limitations in
functionality and storage capacity are acceptable.

Another perspective on software tools is to assemble just a few that have
some flexibility, and learn them thoroughly enough that you can get the most
out of them. I suppose that might be "warping" them to some extent, but my
personal preference is to use a small set of applications for nearly
everything. As a side benefit, it's easier for me to know when a different
application is necessary if I'm very familiar with the limits of the ones I
already have.

Pete Harbeson
harbeson -at- garlic -dot- com
THIS is what happens when you don't have an email editing department!