Re: Me or I?

Subject: Re: Me or I?
From: bj <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:44:59 -0800

Well, I'm all for correctness, but there comes a time in the evolution of
language (if it is to remain a living thing) when "correct" becomes "stilted"
becomes "obsolete." Is this one of those times??? And if it isn't, can't we
just allow colloquial speech in our postings and not be "picky and sticky"???

BJ

Jacque Foreman wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> As a "non-professional writer," I'm sure you would all like me to keep my
> mouth (fingers) quiet. For the third time today I have read a sentence
> that goes something like this:
>
> Perhaps it's just me.
>
> You all call yourselves professional writers, and I am possitively sure
> you all know it should have been written:
>
> Perhaps it's just I.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=