Captured Screen Sequences

Subject: Captured Screen Sequences
From: Geoffrey A Wood <maenad -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:26:15 -0600

I need to produce training videos of short duration (15 seconds to 5
minutes) to be stored on CD and viewed in a computer lab setting. The videos
will capture the required technique to accomplish some well defined task
using various software titles (AutoCAD, Microstation, MSOffice, Windows
95/NT, etc...). I want to capture the screen and record a voice track
(preferably at the same time).

My MSOffice CD came with a freebie called Camcorder which promised to do
exactly what I needed. Alas, it talks big and delivers little. The program
was so unstable that I have yet to get a complete sequence.

Does anyone know of a commercially available program that can do what I
need?

Thanks,
Geoff Wood
State Tech