Re: Spec Writing

Subject: Re: Spec Writing
From: Lisa Higgins <Lisa -dot- Higgins -at- LEVEL3 -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:33:56 -0700

Jennifer Delmerico [mailto:Jennifer -dot- Delmerico -at- TSTNET -dot- COM]:

> I think I could improve the manner in which the docs are
> written, but I'll
> need some proof that things should be changed. Can anyone
> recommend any
> books or articles that I can read about how to write specs
> and requirements?

Yes. Practical Software Requirements: A Manual of Content and Style, by
famous techwr-l celebrity Benjamin L. Kovitz. I know I've plugged this book
here before, but I'm bringing it up again on the basis of new evidence. Yes,
Ladies and Gentlemen, this time, I've actually READ IT.

Ben has a lot of insight into the topic, and he takes things as close to
first principles as is reasonable and prudent. And, you know what? It's not
nearly as boring as you probably think!

Lisa.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=