Numbering problems with Word/RoboHELP

Subject: Numbering problems with Word/RoboHELP
From: Michael Bryans <michaelb -at- HCL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:37:00 -0600

Has anyone experienced quirky behavior with Word 97 numbered lists? I am
using RoboHELP 7 to compile Win95 help. Every time I open the DOC, the
numbered/bulleted lists take on a mind of their own. I've seen this before
in older versions of both products and vaguely recall solving this by
setting the appropriate tabs in the Word Style.

RoboHELP has these odd default indents (0.08" left and 0.09" right -- like,
why can't they be a convenient value like 0.1"??) and no matter how I adjust
the hanging indent (I'm aiming for 0.25"), Word/RoboHELP likes to revert to
a 0.17" hanging indent. The Microsoft Support database of solutions doesn't
help and I haven't yet tackled Bluesky Support.

Setting custom styles with or without tabs that have multi-level numbered
lists does not solve the problem. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Michael B.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=