Word97 autonumbering problem?

Subject: Word97 autonumbering problem?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:18:22 -0700

Michael Bryans reported <<...quirky behavior with Word 97 numbered
lists? I am using RoboHELP 7 to compile Win95 help. Every time I open
the DOC, the numbered/bulleted lists take on a mind of their own.>>

This is a bug that's existed for some time now, and it's shameful
that Microsoft hasn't fixed it yet. It's particularly shameful
given how easy the fix would be to implement. David Knopf, a member
of this list, has developed an elegant solution that many
your browser to:
www.knopf.com/tips/01-autonumbering/autonumber.htm

I believe there's a setting in RoboHelp that also claims to fix the
problem (they replace Word's autonumbering with their own, or
something like that), but I found the solution unreliable. Most
times, it worked, but every so often... No idea whether this has been
fixed in versions 6 or 7.
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=