Thank you for Help with Converting from PowerPoint to Word

Subject: Thank you for Help with Converting from PowerPoint to Word
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:55:19 -0800

You techwr-lers are amazing!

My thanks to the following: Beth Friedman, Martha Kamish, Todd Lemoine,
Martha Davidson, Jason Willebeek-LeMair, Colleen Witlacil, Timothy Notzon,
Michael Collier, Philomena Hoopes, and to those whose reply I haven't seen
yet.

I did not try all the solutions, because I stopped when I found one that
worked. First, I tried Colleen Witlacil's elegant solution of looking at
the slide in Notes view in PowerPoint, copying that and pasting it into
Word. That seemed to work just fine. Then, Philomena Hoopes suggested
saving it in wmf, which I hadn't, because I had assumed the results would
be the same as JPG. That's when I noticed that copying it from Notes view
had put a border around it for some reason. So, saving it as a wmf and
Inserting and sizing that, worked fine. The aspect ratio was still a
little off, but not as wildly off as JPG was.

Some people suggested saving as Postscript and converting that to pdf and
then inserting it into a Word doc, but I have encountered too many
anti-aliasing and other weird problems with pdf, so I didn't try those
solutions.

For those who suggested just copying the slide - I couldn't. In Slide
view, the Copy command is greyed out, and CRTL-C didn't have any effect.

And for those who suggested cropping - the problem was that the image was
too small, not too big.

I thank you all for rushing to my aid.

Linda

==========================
Obligatory quote:

"Live for today. Work like you don't need money; love like you've never
been hurt; dance like nobody's watching."

--- Christine Comaford, Managing Director of Artemis Ventures,
upon receiving her award as one of the Top 25 Women of the Web

Linda Castellani
Technical Writer
GRIC Communications, Inc.
1421 McCarthy Blvd.