Re: Powerpoint is overkill for manuals!

Subject: Re: Powerpoint is overkill for manuals!
From: "J. David Hickey" <jdhickey -at- SYMPATICO -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:27:09 -0800

Greetings!

> justification for doing it this way, like maybe wanting to create run-time
> versions for distribution on diskette? Maybe for use as a training piece for
> seminars?

Although the thought of using PP to write a professional manual seems
disproportionate (kinda like steering the Titanic away from the iceberg with a canoe
paddle), I could see how you might think it's a good idea if you wanted to use the
animation capabilities of a slide show as a training tool.

However, Word (and probably Framemaker) allows you to insert multimedia
clips/objects into the document. Thus, you could add some multimedia stuff to your
manual, and with a little creative tweaking, you could print the sucker out too!
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey
jdhickey -at- sympatico -dot- ca
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

514-482-8702
Montréal, Québec

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=