Re: tough markets?

Subject: Re: tough markets?
From: Denise Fritch <dfritch -at- INTELLICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:50:00 -0800

> Is California a bad place for tech writers right now? I've thought about
> moving there and had the impression that I would have no problem finding a
> technical writing job there...especially around San Francisco.

The Bay Area market for tech writers is certainly hot. You might try
checking DICE (www.DICE.com).

The company where I work isn't one of the hot companies unfortunately.
Management decided two weeks ago to force everyone into taking five unpaid
days vacation this quarter (who knows about next quarter) instead of having
layoffs. I started looking about 10 days ago (I have 15 years as a tech
writer) and have already had two interviews with different groups at one
large company. So yes, the market is hot in this area.

Best,

Denise L. Fritch

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=