Re: Preferred HTML tool???

Subject: Re: Preferred HTML tool???
From: John Nesbit <janesbit -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:48:06 PST

I need to create a large (200+) page manual. The client wants it in
html. What's a good tool to use to create this manual? RoboHTML?
Frame? a web page program like GoLive or FP?

How about XML? What would you use then?

I'd love to hear some ideas.

Thanks very much.
Lebanon, NH

dicksc -at- gdt1 -dot- com

Whatever you do, do NOT go with Front Page. It is evil!!;-) It'll mess
up the code with junk and crash your computer endlessly, and you'll have
to hire another person who knows HTML to fix all the problems it will
cause. If you have any doubts about this, think "smarmy"--just for fun
go to the smarmy web site at:
http://www.smarmy.com

(I realize that some Microsoft sympathizers will now probably flame me
eternally, but I don't care--I like many of Microsoft's programs and
have been using FP at work. That's why I am so down on the current
version of FP)

In seriousness, though, go with HomeSite if you just want clean HTML.
And for a professional site that organizes everything well and can do
multiple tasks, including XML, go with Macromedia's Dreamweaver 2.0. It
ROCKS!!
I've only been using it a few weeks and already I can see how it does
cartwheels around FP. You can check out the Dreamweaver site at:
http://www.dreamweaver.com

John Nesbit

PS: Though I've only been using Dreamweaver a few weeks, here's a couple
of sites I've been working on with it:
http://members.tripod.com/~JANesbit
http://murals.hypermart.net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=