Re: Nasty Surprise: The Story of High-Tech Jobs

Subject: Re: Nasty Surprise: The Story of High-Tech Jobs
From: Maurice King <benadam -at- CYBERDUDE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:18:22 -0500

I wanted to thank the members who responded to my posting. It's worth mentioning that what hurt me the most about being laid off was that I really liked the job and that I was liked there as well. Nobody at the site was responsible for what happened; the holding company that knew me only as a listing in their HR office made the decision to downsize, and if there was any logic in what they did, I've yet to understand it. It makes little sense to me to discontinue development of the products that are the best selling items, which is exactly what happened.

The location, for those who asked, is the Triangle region of North Carolina. I've said it before that I'm no lover of the area; it's Redneck Territory concealed by the quasi-cosmopolitan nature of the Research Triangle Park. My family often spoke of wanting to relocate to southern California, and now that I've heard that there's a great market there, I'll probably make the move; there's little to hold me here now.

Thank you again for your support.

- Maury King

Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=