Re: A lighter shade of pale

Subject: Re: A lighter shade of pale
From: Roger Jones <Roger -dot- Jones -at- RJPC -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:36:20 +0000

At 14:50 29/01/99 -0800, Susan wrote:
>I'm making diagrams in FrameMaker (sigh) and am having a couple of
>problems. Recommendations would be appreciated.
>
>In one diagram, I was trying to indicate that some boxes were the same (to
>show how two processes share part of their address space). I tried filling
>them with different patterns (diagonal lines, crosshatch), which looked OK
>on the screen, but printed as almost the same shade of solid gray on the
>printer. Is there a way to get the printer to look like the screen, or is
>there a better way to solve the problem?
>
>Also, when I have text in a filled box, is there a way to have a background
>for the text? So far, I have to create a rectangle behind the text in
>order to get the letters to stand out.

Susan

Your printing problems may have something to do with the driver you're
using. You don't say what platform and kit you have. That said, I have
encountered similar problems with FM 5.5.6 fills when outputting to PDF --
which I reported to Frame weeks ago but they have yet to respond. By the
way, I don't share your sigh if it relates to Frame's graphics tools, which
I find smart enough for most of my purposes.

You can select a floating text frame (or any other frame) and treat it as a
graphic object -- it has fill and line properties.

Try posting your enquiry to framers -at- frameusers -dot- com -dot-

All the best

Roger Jones, Publisher
Publishing -at- rjpc -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge from www.adobe.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=