Contiguous monitors?

Subject: Contiguous monitors?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:53:09 -0700

David Goldfayl <<...really need[s] to set-up contiguous screens on a
Win '95-Pentium II box so that I can get some reasonable desktop real
estate going. Having multiple apps open and used concurrently is
miserable on a single 17" screen. I never want to work with very
large monitors again, so that is not an option.>>

I don't think you can do this in Win95, other than with certain
high-end CAD systems that explicitly support this function. The
multi-monitor function is in Win98, though, and that's probably what
you want provided you're willing to upgrade your OS and (perhaps) the
applications you're using. If you really need to show multiple
applications simultaneously, though, you might do better simply by
purchasing a 21-inch monitor, which won't cost much more than
two 17-inch monitors plus their video cards (I don't consider 15 inch
or smaller monitors acceptable for writing); better yet, it'll
usually let you show two full pages of text (thus, two typical
applications) side by side, which can be invaluable in page layout.
--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=