Re: Help with Help

Subject: Re: Help with Help
From: Jean Weber <jhweber -at- WHITSUNDAY -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:14:09 +1000

Juley,
Have a look at these new papers on my website:

http://www.wrevenge.com.au/planhelp.htm (Planning an online help project)
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/planhlp2.htm (Choosing and using help topics)

They should help you get started. When I have time to do the research, I
intend to add links to the many good sites I've found that address some of
these issues in more depth.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
The Technical Editors' Eyrie
jhweber -at- whitsunday -dot- net -dot- au

At 08:10 2/02/99 -0600, Juley Torkomian wrote:
>Hi All,
>Where do I begin? Literally where do I begin? I'm writing my first Help
>project and I'm overwhelmed. My HAT has been ordered and I will receive it
>next
>week sometime. I've begun my writing in Word so I can get started before my
>HAT
>arrives. So far I've written a "How do I?" list, a Glossary of Terms with
>definitions and a few help topics. I have plenty to write but I need to feel
>like I have some kind of a plan. How do you plan a Help Project. What
>steps do
>you take before you begin writing?
>I'm feeling grossly disorganized and without direction (two feeling that drive
>me up a wall). Can anyone suggest a site or some reading that might help?
Any
>advice would be appreciated.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=