Re: Open windows

Subject: Re: Open windows
From: Sybille Sterk <sybille -at- BOFFIN -dot- BEYOND2000 -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:54:01 +0000

At 20:50 02/02/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>>I'm having this debate with a co-worker. Does a window "open" or
>"appear"?
>I say open because appear sounds too "magical". What do people think?

Well, my windows and dialogs are "displayed". Although, sometimes I think
that appear might be better... it's such a magical thing if on the click of
the mouse that window or dialog REALLY appears! ;-)

Sybille

Sybille Sterk
Technical Author and Translator (German)
email: sybille -at- boffin -dot- beyond2000 -dot- co -dot- uk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=