Cross-post: Corrupted files in SourceSafe

Subject: Cross-post: Corrupted files in SourceSafe
From: Lydia Wong <lydiaw -at- FPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:12:07 -0500

I originally posted this question on the Framers forum, but initial
post it here as well.

My question:
Has anyone else out there experienced FrameMaker files that are shared
through SourceSafe becoming corrupted?

We are running Frame 5.5.2 (Windows) and SourceSafe 6.0 (build 8163). We've
been using these tools for a few weeks (since upgrading from SourceSafe 4)
without any trouble. [Additional note: we've used past versions of
SourceSafe
for years with no problems.] Then today, after my coworker checked in some
files,
two of the files are now corrupted. Not only that, but all the files in the
entire history of the files in SourceSafe are corrupted. Fortunately, the
copies of the files that remained on her machine are okay.

If you have seen this in your files, please let me know. We don't want to
stop using SourceSafe, but we're scared we'll lose something altogether
here!

I'd appreciate any additional thoughts/experiences you could share with me
about this.

Thanks in advance!

Lydia
Lydia Wong