Re: How do you respond to job ads?

Subject: Re: How do you respond to job ads?
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:00:59 -0500

When I respond to an solicitation for my resume, I do ask what format
AND what version they want (Word 6, 7, 95, 97, ascii, etc.). In
addition, they also get access to my resume as both pdf and htm from my
web site. BTW...I use dull boring Times (it may not be sexy, but it's
common...but then this list had this discussion a long time ago...not
again, OK?)

I've found that even if they ask for a format; say Word 97. They may get
it, open it, and find that either the file got corrupted in transit or
they are having application problems. They at least have a backup
alternative.

It may not be ideal, but should they need to have access (maybe at 11pm
for submission at the last minute) and cannot reach me in time, they can
make do with it until they can.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=