Re: Appalled, eh?

Subject: Re: Appalled, eh?
From: Michal Sirton <michal-l -at- ORBOTECH -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:44:28 +0200

Lorrie Staples writes:

>If he had such a problem with the person's not following the requested
>directions, it galled me that he would waste both his and the
>candidate's time with interviewing them just so he could "browbeat" them
>over not following directions and use it to low-ball them on salary.

Isn't this the same Andrew Plato who last month was complaining about the
scarcity of qualified applicants? Maybe word of his interview techniques
has gotten around. I know of a couple people in my area with a reputation
for nastiness or pettiness in interviews. They may get plenty of
applications from desperate beginners but experienced writers around here
avoid them. When you already have half-a-dozen jobs to choose from, why
bother interviewing with someone whose reputation indicates you would not
enjoy working with them?

Michal Sirton
Corporate Customer Support
Technical Publications Department
Orbotech Ltd., POB 215, Yavne 81102, Israel
08-942 3731 (fax: 08-943 6848)
mailto: michal-L -at- orbotech -dot- co -dot- il
personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/7271/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=