Re: Numbering Scheme/Modularized documents

Subject: Re: Numbering Scheme/Modularized documents
From: Philomena Hoopes <PHILA -at- MAIL -dot- VIPS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:52:44 -0500

I'd like to tack another question onto Debbie's...

Our team is contemplating a modularized documentation set, to be distributed
in three-ring binders and updated by module. For example, if the Sort
function has been upgraded, the Sort module would be revised and sent out to
replace that in the previous release. Our product's user interface is
entering a maintenance mode, and this approach (obviously) would reduce
costs considerably.

Has anyone else done this? If so, how did you do it (especially with
pagination issues), and did you receive any response, positive or negative,
from your users?

Philomena Hoopes
Phila -at- vips -dot- com <mailto:Phila -at- vips -dot- com>
VIPS Healthcare Information Solutions, Inc.
(410) 832-8330 ext 845