Re: Tech Writing Programs

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Programs
From: Kristen Beer <kris -dot- beer -at- ARKONA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:44:53 -0700

I graduated with an MA in Business and Technical Communication from Iowa
State University in 1991 and went on to do doctoral work as part of the
first class of their new program in Rhetoric and Professional
Communication (and only 1 of 5 in the country at the time). I left ISU
and moved to Utah in 1993, and I've been working as a technical
writer/editor/training consultant since then.

It was then an excellent program, with an outstanding faculty. I'm sure
with the six years they've had to develop and fine tune their PhD
program, it is even better now. I've listed their web site below. If you
want more information either about the coursework or faculty, let me
know.

Kris

http://www.engl.iastate.edu/main/rpc.html

--