Re: How do you respond to job ads?

Subject: Re: How do you respond to job ads?
From: "Meek, DavidX L" <davidx -dot- l -dot- meek -at- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:14:02 -0800

Marilynne Smith wrote:

>>>Sue's point is a good one. I don't send a salary history because I feel
it
isn't important. What is important is whether you (the prospective
employer) and I can agree on what the salary will be. My contracts with
previous employers were with those employers. I negotiate a new contract
with each new employer.

Quite right. Your wage is a matter of the market demand for your skills and
experience. Your skills and experience should have increased in your last
position, therefore, your new wage should reflect that.

I always list "open," because that answer most accurately reflects my wage
status. Wage is simply one part of the compensation package.

-Dave
(Any statements made above are mine, and mine alone.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=