Tool question: Non-contiguous selection

Subject: Tool question: Non-contiguous selection
From: Michael Smith <smith -at- IO -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 21:46:03 -0600

Question: Does anyone know of a Windows or Unix authoring tool (DTP
app, word-processor, or even text editor) that allows non-contiguous
selection of text?

-------

A mention of *Nisus Writer* in the most recent installment of
the _Frame vs. other authoring tools_ thread made me think:

Nisus Writer has a feature that (in my experience at least) makes it
unique: it can handle non-contiguous selection of text (simultaneous
highlighting of multiple, unconnected text blocks vs. "normal"
selection -- i.e. highlighting only one contiguous block at a time.)

Here's a screen shot that illustrates it: <http://www.humnet.ucla.edu
/humnet/nelc/grads/maschke/nisus_overview/non-contiguous.html>.

I'll leave it to someone else to explain why this is such a powerful
feature -- I'd just like to know about tools that will let me do it
on a Windows or Unix machine.

Regards to all,

Mike Smith

--
smith -at- io -dot- com | The Emily Dickinson Random Epigram Machine
| http://www.io.com/~smith/ed/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=