What is the best approach - thanks to all

Subject: What is the best approach - thanks to all
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:10:21 -0500

Thank you to all the people who responded to my question on the best approach
to take with a browser-based ad-hoc reporting system. As usual, I guess I was
wearing blinders, and could only see two options, documenting each and every
possible variation of a report, or documenting the system in a linear fashion,
going through each screen and field explaining options.

As always, there were other options, as you kind people pointed out to me. The
majority of the suggestions were a variation of *chunking* the information.
Therefore, here's how my manual will look:

Cover
Table of Contents
Introduction
Overview
Logging On
Selecting the Report Type
Transaction Reports
Closing Reports
Other Reports
Selecting the Report Criteria
Sale Level Criteria
Transaction Level Criteria
Selecting Stores to be Included in the Report
Select the Date Range for the Report
Viewing the Report Information
Summary Information
Transaction List
Transaction Detail
Employee Detail
Store Detail
Sample Reports
(I have asked to be provided with a few
of the anticipated popular reports that I
can include and break down into detailed
explanation).
Glossary
Reader Comment Form

Thanks for everyone's help.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while, I was a suspect.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=