WANTED: MENTOR

Subject: WANTED: MENTOR
From: Jl Cc <jccwriter -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 07:46:01 -0800

Hello List, please respond to me personally at jccwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com

I just joined our local STC chapter and will request a Mentor there.
I've been lurking among you all for several weeks now, and am very
impressed by your professionalism and dedication. Therefore, I am
venturing out of "lurkdom" to ask.........

Would anyone "out there" be willing to Mentor me this year?
Qualifications: experienced TW, good sense of humor, a bit of a
teacher, and able to tolerate questions over a 10 1/2 month period.

Mentee? I am beginning my transition into technical writing [in
mid-life] after many years of "giving" my writing to my employers in
the forms of: HR Handbooks, Policies and Procedures, curriculum
development/training manuals (for software), end user software
manuals, marketing materials, presentations, executive speeches, and
translations (Span --> Eng and Eng --> Span). My employers always
appreciated my writing skills.

My plans for this year are to learn FrameMaker, HTML and as many HELP
applications as I can. I'm in the middle of an HTML CBT course, and
my FM class is the 27th of this month.

Thank you for reading this post. If you are willing to be my Mentor
for this year, please respond to me at:

jccwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com

Jen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=