Re: Advice on Resumes

Subject: Re: Advice on Resumes
From: Laura Bell <writer -at- WELL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:46:43 -0800

If you have an account on CompuServe, you can ask for a receipt when the
internet mail server receives your message. Additionally long time ago (4
years, oh yawn who is counting), it was established net etiquette that the
acceptable format be ascii and no attachments were to go unless permission
asked. In the beginning, before all the hi-bro browsers, you could not
send attachments through the Net.

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Barry D. Harmon wrote:

> Stark (stark_vision -at- hotbot -dot- com) asked:
>
> >When sending a resume electronically (via email) do I send it as an
> >attachment, in the body, as a pdf, a word file, frame file, or all of the
> >above.
> >
> >Do I save the attachments as Resume.doc or as My Name. doc?
>
> I have the same question regarding the emailing of resumes because, often,
> employers request that a resume be submitted electronically, but fail to
> mention in which format. It seems as if we are supposed to read their minds
> sometimes.
>
> I'd also like to ask a question pertaining to this: If a resume is
> requested, and submitted electronically, should the recipient acknowledge at
> least the receipt of such? I think they should, out of etiquette.
>
> Also, is it appropriate to send a "reminder" note mentioning high interest
> in a position, and requesting acknowledgement of having received the resume?
> How long should I wait before doing so?
>
> Any and all help would be great! Thanks.
>
> --B Harmon
>

> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=