FWD: Learning time billable?

Subject: FWD: Learning time billable?
From: Anonymous User <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 06:52:17 -0700

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

To give you some quick background info, in addition to my regular full-time
techwritng job, a friend of mine has asked me to help him document his
company's software. However since I don't have much experience in the type
of technology that his company is related to, I have to research and learn
about it. We agreed on an hourly rate before I started and my question is:
Is the time that I spend learning billable? To complicate matters, he is in
Canada and I am currently in Asia so all communciation is done via email.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=