One help project, two developers

Subject: One help project, two developers
From: "Biederman, K.A." <KBiederman -at- OCWEN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:05:53 -0500

Hi List-

I deleted the original post, so I'm sorry I can't respond personally to the
original poster, but here's my experience with using RoboHELP in a
multi-author environment:

We have 5 writers working on a single help project. The entire project is on
a network and we each have a copy of RoboHELP installed locally. We all work
on the project simultaneously. Each help author opens the project as normal.

When MS Word loads, the second (and 3rd, 4th, etc.) person gets a message
that reads something like "Joe Schmoe is using XX.doc. Would you like to
make a copy?" Click Yes. That makes the main document of the help system
read-only for all but the first person who opened the project.

If you only have one document (.rtf) in your project, this will not work.
Only one person can work on a document at a time.

When it comes time to compile the project, have all the other authors close
the project. Only one person should have the project open at a time for
compilation. We've had errors when more than one person had a file open
during compilation.

Hope this helps. Please e-mail me directly if you want more info.

Kerry A. Biederman
Information Development Solutions, Inc.
The only source of certified RoboHELP instruction and consulting in Florida
561.790.2231 voice
561.333.0488 fax
kbiederman -at- ocwen -dot- com (days)
kbiederman -at- hotmail -dot- com (eves)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=