Re: USA Today article demands printed documentation

Subject: Re: USA Today article demands printed documentation
From: Kim Nylander <nylanderk -at- IPIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:32:38 -0500

This thread struck me as rather odd in light of my work situation.
Before I started my current job, the software company I work for did not
ship manuals with their software products. Instead, they used an online
help system. Their customers complained, and eventually created a
technical writing position to create user manuals, and online help.

Currently, documentation is offered as HTML, PDF, and printed manuals.
Since we moved to this format, we have had a good response from our
customers.

At least right now, our customers have wanted print over online.

Regards,

Kim Nylander

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=