Re: Web Authoring Tool

Subject: Re: Web Authoring Tool
From: "Atkinson, Phil" <Phil -dot- Atkinson -at- BRAID -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:14:06 -0000

My opinion:

You shouldn't confuse an on-line manual with on-line help. HTML help is
on-line help in HTML format - it isn't an on-line manual. The very term
manual suggests hard-copy material and is by its very definition a different
style and format to on-line help. If you wish to provide your users with a
manual, I would recommend Acrobat or some similar format that provides the
user with a reliable printing facility. If you want to provide your user
with on-line help over the internet, HTML help is an obvious (but not the
only) choice - the Corel Ventura option sounds interesting but I've never
seen or used it myself.

- Phil
Phil Atkinson - Documentation Manager - Braid Systems Limited

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=