Re: BREVITYPLEASE

Subject: Re: BREVITYPLEASE
From: Scott Havens <SHavens -at- ELCOTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:06:16 -0500

> > ...search through the back messages to know what the heck came
> before.
>
> That's not reasonable.
>
> You want no quotes. I'm not on digest and I have high speed cable
> download, so I want the whole message quoted. Are you right and I'm
> wrong?...

Hello?

Did you miss the message that went WITH the above? I think she
was making an attempt at humor (which, I've found, is a hazardous
pursuit on TECHWR-L). The other message said "Sometimes it helps to
know the context without having to..."

I guess it's REALLY hazardous when you change the "Subject:"
line from one part of a joke to the next! ("Re: B R E V I T Y P L E A
S E" vs.
"Re: BREVITYPLEASE")

As a famous victim once said, "Can't we all just get along?"

Scott Havens

P. S., I do agree that partial quotes are a good idea,
especially when they only include what's needed to follow the thread.
But let's not condemn newbies or those who are too busy to remember all
the niceties of posting (and that includes all of us from time to
time!). What I really hate is getting flamed for making an occasional
small error. SRH

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=