Useful online text tools

Subject: Useful online text tools
From: Mark Magennis <markmagennis -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:20:28 -0800

Having found the following tools quite useful at times, I thought I'd
share them with the list. Okay, I admit it, what I'm really doing this
for is so that you will all reply with suggestions that I haven't come
across.

Acronym finders: http://www.mtnds.com/af/
http://www.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/acronym

Translators:
http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate?
http://www2.echo.lu/edic/

Dictionary: http://www.m-w.com/dictionary.htm

Thesaurus: http://www.plumbdesign.com/thesaurus/

The PlumbDesign thesaurus isn't actual any better than the Word
thesaurus. In fact I find it a lot slower to use. But it's just so
great to watch! Does anyone know why the words bob around the way they
do?

Mark

Mark

==