Re: Brainstorming request

Subject: Re: Brainstorming request
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:12:52 -0700

Julie writes:

> Anyhow, I would like to chat with folks who have taken a legacy book and
> craved it up into a new format. I have a reference guide that needs to
> have
> its procedures used in another book that will be delivered as an HTML.
>
> I use FM and then WWP for the HTML conversion and that has worked well.
> But
> I think that I am getting into a large maintenance nightmare. I want to do
> this as a single source project, but I don't know if that is realistic or
> not.

Loads o' fun, rilly. If you're trying to clean up and maintain the HTML
along with the source files, then yes, you're going to have a maintenance
nightmare. If you plan and design the source and filtering templates
carefully, then always go from Frame source to HTML, you'll have much better
luck. Could you describe what you're currently doing?

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
ILE Communications Group
billdb -at- ile -dot- com
Call me fishmeal.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=