Frame Corrupted files--an observation

Subject: Frame Corrupted files--an observation
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:36:22 -0800

Hi,

Once upon a time, I wrote the list about my difficulty distilling a
large (Solaris2.6, Frame 5.5.6) FrameMaker document. This was a 2500
page doc that had been continuously updated since Frame 4.0, and
apparently some corruption crept in that prevented distilling a PDF.

The solution: First, I retyped about 150 pages in two chapters (the
thing would distill without these two chapters). Then I got "makefont"
errors, and noticed the mention of "Arial" not being available in the
console window. For those of you unfamiliar, Arial is not a UNIX font
(helvetica is), so this apparently was remembering some fonts from being
edited on a PC.

The bottom line: The Frame *BOOK* file was corrupted. Although it
doesn't have any use for them, it apparently remembers fonts.

I remade the book, and am in the process of living happily ever after...

--
Regards,

-- mailto:Mark -dot- Dempsey -at- osi -dot- com
--
-- Mark Dempsey
-- Technical Publications

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=