Single Source Documentation

Subject: Single Source Documentation
From: Robin Whitmore <robin -dot- whitmore -at- BLUEDOTSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:06:41 -0800

I am the lone tech writer at a very small start-up. I have been given
complete autonomy in deciding what docs to create and their method of
delivery. The only requirement is that they be available in both print
(meaning professionally printed and bound) and electronic format.

I've decided what docs to create, I'm just not sold on a delivery
method. I am wondering how other Techwrlers have approached this
situation. Do you create a PDF version of the printed manual? If so, do
you revise the PDF to be more user-friendly on screen?
Do you use HTML instead of PDF? If so, why?

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Robin Whitmore
BlueDot Systems, Inc.
San Francisco, CA