Re: etc.?

Subject: Re: etc.?
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:27:15 -0500

I tend to alternate between other ways of saying it: "and so on," "and
others." And one that I kinda enjoy using is "and the like." It's a
little archaic, but I think it has a nice ring to it.

Thanks for the info, Lisa, on internationalizing "etc." -- I hadn't
thought of that. Since I find myself internationalizing, I'll make a
greater effort to ensure that I'm "etc.-free"!

On a similar note, I completely blow a gasket when I see e.g. and i.e.
used improperly -- I forcibly restrain myself from checking my NYPL
Style Guide to make sure I used them right in THIS sentence! Like
Leonard, I think misusing and overusing these little guys can backfire
terribly.

-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=