Re: Status of HTML-based Help

Subject: Re: Status of HTML-based Help
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:06:08 -0500

Sean:
> I plan to move to HTML help, certainly, but feel no pressure
> to do so and see no benefit at this time; I am not developing for cross-platform
> products, my head is only in Windoze.

That's about where I am, too.
I plan to move to HTML Help (tm) in six months to a year, maybe a little more, when the software is ready and the advantages outweigh the hassle of changing. Same as two years ago. I have a vague suspicion that in 2001 I'll still be planning to move to HTML Help (tm) in six months to a year...

Meanwhile, I'm keeping up on reading about it, and playing with it so I'll know what I'm doing when the time is ripe.

For separate documentation, I've moved quite a bit to plain HTML (not-tm).

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=