Re: PDF in Java applications

Subject: Re: PDF in Java applications
From: Michael Smith <smith -at- IO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 03:17:06 -0600

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 05:22:51PM +0000, Deborah Garcia-Tobin
wrote:

> I am currently producing the documentation for a new component based piece
> of software written in Java. I am using FrameMaker to create the paper
> manuals and other manuals for electronic distribution in PDF. What hasn't
> been decided on is how to produce the online help. There is some
> reluctance to use JavaHelp at the moment and I was wondering if there are
> any components available to display PDF within Java apps.

Have you looked into pj? The pj Web site <http://www.etymon.com/pj/>
describes it as a "free, open source Java class library for parsing,
manipulating, and creating Adobe PDF files". I don't know about any
specific applications that take advantage of it, but it sounds like
it might prove useful in your situation.

--
Michael Smith
smith -at- io -dot- com Austin, Texas

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=