Re: printing Word outlines without body text?

Subject: Re: printing Word outlines without body text?
From: Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- POLYDOC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:43:59 +0100

Benzi Schreiber asked:

> Can someone please tell me how to print an outline in Word 97, without
> printing the body text? For some reason, when I view the docs in Outline
> view I see only the levels I select; but when I print the outlines I also
> get body text! What am I doing wrong? (Yeah, I know I should be using
Frame,
> and I will for the book -- but you can't beat Word for outlining....)

According to Microsoft it should be possible, at least that's what they say
at their website:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q195/6/92.asp

But, I couldn't do it either. I don't know, perhaps I 'm not able to
understand simple instructions.
In the case you don't succeed either, there is a possible work around. You
could generate a custom Table of contents
that only shows the headings you want to include (with or without the
pagenumbers).
If you only print the pages the TOC , you have sort of an outline.

H.T.H.

Jeroen Hendrix
PolyDoc
the Netherlands