Re: Web/Print Delivery with Daily Updates

Subject: Re: Web/Print Delivery with Daily Updates
From: Holly Dunagan <hdunagan -at- MINN -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:03:19 -0600

Actually, there are a couple options for web & print updates:
1. Simpliest option: post the Word document itself on the web and have end-users launch Word to read it. Several disadvantages here you are probably aware of.
2. Better quality option: Run a daily translation using a tool like "Word to Web" or "HTML Transit." These tools allow you to set up customized templates to translate particular documents and styles.
3. Alternative: Write the original in a web tool like Dreamweaver or FrontPage. Or perhaps a more robust program like Framemaker -- depending on how big this really is. FrontPage is skrewy, but it works just like Word, and non-technical authors can learn it quickly.

Holly Dunagan
Document Technology Analyst