another framemaker question

Subject: another framemaker question
From: Gil Yaker <gyaker -at- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 15:20:34 -0500

I'm tasked in the coming months to author 2 systems documents. Both of
which will be about 500 pages in length with many screen shots and tables
which need to be reliably indexed. From everything I've read, this sounds
like a job for Framemaker. Unfortunately, someone in the documentation
department said that he tried to get Framemaker as a standard tool here a
few years ago, but was hit with resistance. As it is, all documents must
now be delivered in MS Word format.
I'd like to know if framemaker has an Export-to-Word feature. If it does,
how solid is the implementation? Has anyone else been in a situation like
this, and what have your experiences been.

TIA

Gil Yaker
gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
Computer Sciences Corporation