Re: RoboHTML Evaluation...

Subject: Re: RoboHTML Evaluation...
From: Larry Hoffenberg <LarryHoff -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 07:46:31 -0700

Rohina,

Unless you're talking about creating HTML HELP files, my vote is squarely
AGAINST ROBOHTML. It just doesn't have enough horsepower, flexibility, and
usability to do a first-class job of standard web page development. Plus,
it's buggy and quirky as all hell. It'll drive you nuts for anything but
light touchup and maintenance work.

Also, RoboHTML is NOT Netscape-friendly. It is specifically designed to
create pages for MSIE.

The new releases of DreamWeaver and HomeSite seem to be the current tools of
choice for many HTML pros. Even the dreaded MS FrontPage 98 would be a much
better choice than ROBOIHTML.

Invest in a good tool and you'll reap the rewards of greater productivity
and increased job satisfaction.

Just my .02 cents (after taxes).

Larry

Larry Hoffenberg
Technical Writing Consultant

TechWriter -at- att -dot- net

If you object to government taking 50% of YOUR
hard-earned income (and they DO just take it),
join the LIBERTARIAN PARTY! www.lp.org

> Hi All,
>
> We are seriously considering using RoboHTML as our web
> authoring tool. Any
> thoughts about this tool, has anyone faced any problems with
> RoboHTML? Does
> anyone have any sample sites where I can view work which has
> been put on the
> web? (Not necessarily created in RoboHTML).
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Rohina

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=