Re: Save Andrew Plato!!!--kick him off for trolling

Subject: Re: Save Andrew Plato!!!--kick him off for trolling
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:54:47 -0500

Hallo:

In regards to Andrews humourous and rude post, what kind of posts do we
really want to see? Should we all post in an inflammatory, albeit
"humerous," manner. I do not think we want to do that, you freakin' morons.
Of course, I meant "freakin' morons" in a humerous way. So what if your
sense of humour is different?

Yes, I laughed at Andrew's post. That's not the point. Neither is the US
Supreme Court or the vague "notion" of a US-constitutional guarantee to free
speech. Some humour is not permitted per the posting rules. Other humour
might be appropriate. Rude and inflammatory comments, which will obviously
spawn outrage, are not appropriate. It's trolling. It's off-limits. Feel
free to play outside the box, any box. But rude posts, and the results of
such posts, are contrary to the purpose of the listserv, whether they be
humourous or not.

Andrew, you knew what response your "humourous" troll would get. You
acknowledged as much in your post. By all means, be funny, but rude is
inappropriate. Yeah, I'd kick you off for a while for trolling with a rude
and abusive (if "funny") post. But, hey, this list is not a democracy and
that's not my call.

No flames, please, not even "funny" ones. Thanks.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=