word usage

Subject: word usage
From: Elisabeth Zakes <ezakes -at- PLANVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:53:29 -0600

Since so many issues about word usage seem to be people's pet peeves, I
thought I'd get your opinions on mine.

I was always taught that nouns should not be used as verbs. One does not
"office," "reference," or "transition." One has one's office somewhere,
one refers to something, and one makes a transition to something.

Am I fighting a losing battle here? Should I just accept that this is
the way things are going to be?

Elisabeth B. Zakes
PlanView, Inc., Austin, TX
ezakes -at- planview -dot- com