Ugly Code..Addendum - Tab Stops In FrameMaker

Subject: Ugly Code..Addendum - Tab Stops In FrameMaker
From: Kathleen Melly <kmelly -at- HI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 11:00:25 -0500

Hello;

Thank you for the responses to my original question. Using Courier and
TextPad helped significantly.

There is one thing on which I am still unclear. Does anyone know how to
synchronize the absolute tab stops used by FrameMaker and the relative tab
stops used by most text editors. I didn't realize that this was an issue
until someone responded that since they didn't use Frame, they couldn't
offer suggestions. I looked up tabs in Frame and found that:

FrameMaker uses absolute tab stops. With relative tab stops, each time you
press Tab, the insertion point moves to the next available tab stop. With
absolute tab stops, the nth tab on a line moves the insertion point to the
nth stop. If that tab stop is to the left of the insertion point, the
insertion point does not move.

This makes it very difficult (if not impossible) to match the absolute tab
stops used by Frame with the relative tab stops used by the engineers. Has
anyone found a way around this?

Kathy

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=