Info on Working as a "Grant Writer"??

Subject: Info on Working as a "Grant Writer"??
From: "Deborah L. Crossman" <DLCrossman -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 01:23:34 EST

Can anyone tell me what is essentially involved in working as a "Grant Writer"
for a major medical research center/hospital?

This is for a position that would be serving a number of different research
investigators within a major medical center, and requires scientific writing
ability. For example, would this position involve creating the budget pages,
or obtaining that info from someone else such as a financial analyst for the
center, and completing the appropriate forms myself with this info? Also,
would I be writing, say, "Background" and "Significance" sections on my own,
cold turkey, or editing what I received from the investigators regarding their
projects?

TIA

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=