Re: Recruiters

Subject: Re: Recruiters
From: "Staples, Lorrie" <Lorrie -dot- Staples -at- NEXTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:21:29 -0500

I have to "chime in", too on this one. Those questions from the website
were very, very beneficial to me just last week. A large corporation from
out of state (in the area I want to relocate to) called me a few weeks ago &
last week flew me up there to interview for a tech writing position they
have available. I was able to study the list on the plane so that I could
ask intelligent questions about the position. Thank you, thank you, thank
you!!

Lorrie Staples
Lead Technical Writer
Nextel Communications, Inc.
Norcross, GA

Lorrie -dot- Staples -at- nextel -dot- com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---Patrick Warren <pkwarren -at- CSI -dot- COM> wrote:

> I now use a modified version of the employer questionnaire located
on the
recruiter/agency,
> and also questions for the recruiter/agency to ask the potential
client. If
> they are serious and professional, they take the time to answer these
> questions, if not, I don't take them seriously.
Andrew Plato wrote:

I don't want to get in the habit of defending contract agencies, but I
do have to say a few things in defense of the recruiting process. My
company recruits a lot of writers (as well as programmers, database
developers, etc.) It is very hard to find people with good skills.
The questions at http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for prospective
employers are pretty good.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=