Re: Recruiters

Subject: Re: Recruiters
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:17:13 -0800

Something that I have experienced with recruiters on more than one occasion
is being pressured by the recruiter to accept the job. This happens before
I even interview. These recruiters will say, "I need you to commit to me
that if they offer you the job, you'll take it. Otherwise, I won't send
you on the interview." I refuse to commit, and sometimes they send me and
sometimes they don't, but that kind of pressure makes me feel very awkward
about the whole thing, makes me feel very negative about the company I'm
about to visit, and puzzled. They clearly don't care whether or not it's a
good fit, all they care about is closing the sale.
==========================
Obligatory quote:

"Live for today. Work like you don't need money; love like you've never
been hurt; dance like nobody's watching."

--- Christine Comaford, Managing Director of Artemis Ventures,
upon receiving her award as one of the Top 25 Women of the Web

Linda Castellani
Technical Writer
GRIC Communications, Inc.
1421 McCarthy Blvd.